3.31.2014

14th Anniv @ Chili's

It's funny how the husband and I celebrate our BF-GF anniversary instead of our actual wedding anniversary. Though it's not usually done in a hotel or a posh restaurant, we make it a point to go somewhere we've never been together. We usually pass by at Chili's in Megamall and Greenhills but have never attempted to get in! I remember going to Morato branch with ex-colleagues years and years ago but only for a glass of Margarita. It looked pretty expensive from the outside only for us to find out that it is indeed expensivo! You can compare it to some hotel buffet price sold in Deal Grocer.

I am not familiar with the food but for appetizers we got Triple Dipper Php495. This is a combo of Southwestern egg rolls, buffalo wings and Chicken crispers. It was really really good! I can still imagine the taste of the egg rolls, there's a twist in between tangy and spicy. Although I munched the celery whenever the oiliness kicks in, that made me fed up a bit. I think this platter is quite heavy for an appetizer so be careful not to be overly excited.

Chilli's
We also got Grilled Chicken Sandwich Php375. This was supposedly my main entree but the Triple Dipper satisfied me too early! We just took this home but of course I had to check and there was a thick slab of grilled chicken between those buns. About more than half an inch thick to be exact and the veggie slices were not that far either. I couldn't recall the actual taste when I ate it the following day so I believe it was just so so while my daughter nibbled the fries.

Hubby ordered Beef Salpicao Php595. I forgot to take a close up photo but you can see it below. It comes with rice and steamed veggies. He's quite disappointed as he was expecting a full slice of steak and not chops. Nevertheless, we both find it tasty and really tender. He also opted to smother a few steak sauce.

14th Anniv
I was hoping to try their Molten cake but forgot to save a room for it. We left Chili's with a very satisfied tummy! Our food came in huge platters - really big servings! We usually order three sets of meal when we dine out but Chili's can be an exemption, especially if you wish to cap it off with Margarita or desserts. It's a good place for an all American gastronomic adventure but not ideal for date nights. There was a group two tables away and they were annoyingly noisy, like they were just eating at home where no one could hear but them! Can management do something about noise level in dining places?

Anyway, we loved the food and we crave for more. Hubby would love to try more of their steaks and I'm not done with my dessert discoveries. :-) Happy 14th anniversary, be! Looking forward to more food adventures with you! 

********************
I welcome your thoughts on this post and will try my best to reply on your questions. 
Please feel free to share if you enjoyed reading!
For frequent updates:
Like OneGutsyMom on Facebook
Follow @Onegutsymom on Instagram and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xx